Why Electric Heat Pumps Are Best For Inground Pools
Everyone loves a good pool day, it’s a great way to relax, to unwind, and to have some genuine fun. If your pool is cold however it can be difficult to get motivated to swim. With a heat pump however your pool can be the perfect temperature all the time.
What is a Heat Pump?
A heat pump for a swimming pool is much like a heat pump for a pool save for the fact that it is designed to work with water. Heat pumps store heat and then circulate it from one place to another. The water of your pool will circulate through the filter of the pool then through the heat pump to be distributed back into the rest of the pool. This process helps to gradually heat the water in the pool and can raise the overall temperature by several degrees.
A heat pump also draws in air from around itself to help keep the evaporator coil cool and to make sure that it does not overheat or become damaged. A heat pump for a pool is an efficient and easy way to make sure that the water in your pool is always comfortable and always great for swimming no matter if it is a bit chilly outside of the pool.
Which is Better: Swimming Pool Heater or a Heat Pump?
A traditional swimming pool heater is going to cost a bit more to run than a swimming pool heat pump for a few different reasons. For starters, a pool heater is not going to store heat or use heat that it has gathered. It is instead going to create its own heat which does cost more in terms of electricity. A heat pump can store ambient heat and can stay heated for less money and less energy overall making it more energy efficient.
A heat pump is going to be a more gradual heating than a heater and it will cost less as well. If you are looking to heat your pool up quickly and significantly a pool heater may be the best way to go. If you just want to make it a little warmer a heat pump is a good alternative that is going to be more energy efficient overall.
How does a Heat Pump Work?
• A heat pump for a swimming pool works quite simply, simpler in fact than you might imagine. The heat pump uses electricity to both capture and store heat.
• The water from the pool then circulates through the filter of the pool to be cleaned and then circulates through the heat pump.
• The water may be cool or even cold when it enters the heat pump. The water will be warmer when it comes out of the heat pump and is then put back into the pool.
• A heat pump does not heat up the entire pool in a matter of minutes like some people may assume. Rather, a heat pump can raise the temperature of your pool by a few degrees every hour until it gets to the overall temperature that you want it to.
Advantages to a Heat Pump
• A heat pump is going to be more efficient than a traditional heater. It is going to cost less overall to keep running and it is also going to gradually heat up the water in the pool rather than heating it all up at once.
• The heat pump is an energy efficient method of heating a pool and keeping it at the comfortable temperature without having to worry about continually adjusting it either.
• A heat pump is going to be far easier in terms of keeping the temperature the same and constant than a traditional heater.
How to Install a Heat Pump in an Inground Pool
Heat pumps need to be upright and does need to have a considerable amount of clearance on either side to make sure that it has enough space to collect and circulate the heat and water.
You should put your heat pump on a concrete pad or other secure and sturdy base to make certain that it is not going to fall over or become damaged.
When installing a heat pump it is always best to get a professional company to install your equipment.
A professional installer is going to be able to get your heat pump installed quickly and efficiently to make sure that it is going to work and keep working. A heat pump is a great piece of equipment and making sure that it is installed properly can make a big difference in how efficient it is and in how long it works as well. Inground pools can have heat pumps and pool heaters and with professional help your pool heater can work well for you.